Nestled in the lush green Hermitage Valley just outside the historic town of Swellendam, the Eco Treehouse is a spacious and fully equipped, luxury self-catering cabin for your retreat in nature.
Nature, horses, peace, sauna, wood-fired hot tub, swimming, playground, cycling, hiking, birds, wildlife.
We have built an off the grid sustainable living paradise and would like to share the space and if you are keen knowledge. We offer discounts for longer retreats, please enquire
The Eco Treehouse is a luxury self-catering cabin perched among large pine trees. The Treehouse sleeps two adults in a beautiful bedroom with a comfortable queen size bed, where you wake up to magnificent views. A third person (adult or child) can be accommodated on a comfortable built-in sleeper couch in the lounge.
The open plan kitchen is fully equipped with all you will need to get homely in the kitchen, including gas stove, microwave, bar fridge, coffee plunger, good knives and utensils, as well as a few basic necessities (salt, pepper, sugar, tea, coffee etc).
The sunny lounge, dining nook and outside deck have breath-taking views of the land, the mountains, and sunsets. The wooden Treehouse is lovingly decorated, creating a warm and natural atmosphere with elegant simplicity. Your comfort and convenience have been considered in all the careful attention to detail. Quality cotton linen and luxury bath towels are provided as well as eco-friendly bathroom products for the indoor and outdoor shower.
Bring your own swimming towels for swims in our natural farm dam or for luxuriating in the infrared sauna, complete with light therapy and sound system.
The setting is simply idyllic, with a serene natural pond, a swimming dam, horse paddocks, an indigenous garden, and stunning views of the Langeberg mountains. Located on the edge of Marloth Nature Reserve, this is a true Nature Lovers’ Paradise, whether for a relaxing break, an active outdoor adventure, or an out of the ordinary business stay. Each season reveals its own secret beauty, making this a special place to visit year round.
Swim in the dam, greet the horses, relax under the trees, book a pedicure on site or melt away your stress in the infrared sauna. For the active and adventurous, the property is surrounded by dirt tracks for walking, mountain biking or horse riding. Swellendam's restaurants, shops and market are 5 minutes away, while the berry farms and golf course are even closer.
Activities on the property:
- Relax with books and games provided
- Swim and cool down in the secluded farm dam with freshly circulating natural water
- Wander and ponder through the indigenous garden, along the stream, and a newly established food forest
- Take a picnic in the shade next to the pond
- Enjoy therapeutic sessions in the infrared sauna with full glass sides facing the mountain. (First use free then small additional fee)
- Relax and watch the stars in a private wood-fired hot tub (First use free then small additional fee)
- Bird watching - incredibly varied birdlife
- Meet and greet the horses, and join in their feeding and grooming
- Book a horse ride or simply an introduction to horse interaction on the ground (additional fee – please enquire when booking)