Friends of Marloth (FoM) is a community based group supporting Marloth Nature Reserve in creating awareness and promoting the appreciation of the reserve in the local community and all other users. FoM will also assist, propose, develop, fund and implement projects and improvements to improve the recreational areas for all members and visitors.
NO ACCESS VIA BERG STREET. You may only access Marloth Nature Reserve via the main gate. Even if you are a Friend of Marloth. The agreement with the land owner at the end of Berg Street was ended when COVID Lockdown commenced and will not be re-opened in the future. All visitors, including valid permit holders and card-carrying Friends of Marloth members are to enter via the main Marloth gate in Steil Street.
Please take special note of the following rules that apply in Marloth Nature Reserve:
1) No member may enter without a valid FOM membership card or Mountain bike board.
2) No dogs or animals are allowed into any plantation area or inside the reserve. A spot fine of up to R2000 may be dealt to anyone caught breaking this rule.
3) You may be asked by a reserve marshal to display your membership card or mountain bike board.
4) If members of your party are not valid FOM members you must enter the Nature Reserve via the Marloth main gate with a valid Cape Nature permit and stay within the Marloth Nature Reserve boundaries. The FOM membership agreement covers single person access per card, or family access per card with allocated and signed members.
The cards can not be lent out or used as entrance for non-members in your group.
6) Nobody is allowed entrance to the Two Feathers Horse Trails or plantation areas.
7) The plantation and Two Feathers Horse Trails are legal tenants who can legally deny anyone access.
Who can join:
1) Swellendam Locals
2) Referrals by a Friends of Marloth Member
What does membership cost:
R150 per person
R200 per family (kids under 21 years old)
How long does this membership last:
April 2021 - March 2023.
You will not get reduced prices at a later stage, the sooner you buy the longer the membership will be. Every member will have to renew on April 2023.
Where can I get membership:
You can buy FOM membership and T-shirts at Sipiershuis/Country Deli.
Note: Payments only in cash
Bank: First National Bank
Name: Friends of Marloth
Account Number: 625 967 571 15
Branch: Swellendam, 200 513
Entering from Berg Street:
Nobody. Not even FOM members.
Mountain Biking in Marloth:
Even FOM may only use the Marloth Nature Reserve roads. You may not mountain bike on plantation property or hiking trails.
When a Friend of Marloth enters Marloth Nature Reserve:
1) You have to sms/whats-app you membership number, activity & route to 082 496 2450 - this is the Friends of Marloth number.
2) Sign in at the main gate.
1) Whats-app/sms your membership number to the Friends of Marloth number.
2) Sign out at the main gate.
WHEN IS THE RESERVE OPEN:
SUNRISE to SUNSET