Friends of Marloth (FoM) is a community based group supporting Marloth Nature Reserve in creating awareness and promoting the appreciation of the reserve in the local community and all other users. FoM will also assist, propose, develop, fund and implement projects and improvements to improve the recreational areas for all members and visitors.
Only Friends of Marloth members with a key may access to Marloth Nature Reserve via the road at the top of Berg Street. All visitors, including valid permit holders and card-carrying Friends of Marloth members are to enter via the main Marloth gate in Steil Street only.
Please take special note of the following rules that apply in Marloth Nature Reserve, the surrounding plantations and Two Feathers Horse Trails areas:
1) No member may enter without a valid FOM membership card or Mountain bike board.
2) No dogs or animals are allowed into any plantation area or inside the reserve. A spot fine of up to R2000 may be dealt to anyone caught breaking this rule.
3) You may be asked by a landowner or reserve marshal to display your membership card or mountain bike board.
4) If members of your party are not valid FOM members you must enter the Nature Reserve via the Marloth main gate with a valid Cape Nature permit and stay within the Marloth Nature Reserve boundaries. The FOM membership agreement covers single person access per card, or family access per card with allocated and signed members.
The cards can not be lent out or used as entrance for non-members in your group.
6) Without FOM membership you are not allowed entrance to the Two Feathers Horse Trails or lantation areas.
7) The plantation and Two Feathers Horse Trails are legal tenants who can legally deny anyone access.
Who can join:
1) Swellendam Locals
2) Referrals by a Friends of Marloth Member
What does membership cost:
R150 per person
R200 per family (kids under 21 years old)
How long does this membership last:
April 2019 - March 2021.
You will not get reduced prices at a later stage, the sooner you buy the longer the membership will be. Every member will have to renew in April 2019.
Where can I get membership:
Boshoff Visser office in Swellendam
Note: Payments only in cash
Bank: First National Bank
Name: Friends of Marloth
Account Number: 625 967 571 15
Branch: Swellendam, 200 513
Entering from Berg Street:
Only FOM members with a key. See detail above.
Mountain Biking in Marloth:
Without a Friends of Marloth Membership or having signed the Friends of Marloth indemnity, you may not mountain bike on any routes outside Marloth Nature Reserve.
When a Friend of Marloth enters Marloth Nature Reserve:
1) You have to sms/whats-app you membership number, activity & route to 082 496 2450 - this is the Friends of Marloth number.
2) Sign in at the main gate.
1) Whats-app/sms your membership number to the Friends of Marloth number.
2) Sign out at the main gate.
Want a limited edition Friends of Marloth t-shirt? Get them for R150 per shirt from atelier's new offices at Studio 16, Second Floor, Carlton Centre, 23 Voortrek Street. Or you can get one at the Boondoggle Market at Carlton Mall.
The Friends of Marloth Logo was designed by atelier.
WHEN IS THE RESERVE OPEN:
SUNRISE to SUNSET